Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

CApowerbi
Frequent Visitor

Closing balance one month to opening balance the next month

Hello again! 

I have a new question for you which I hope you can help me with. 

The table looks like this: 

CApowerbi_0-1686124519442.png

Utgående Balans = closing balance ( Which is summarizing the variables down below)
The other variables is salaries, taxes, invoices, accounts receivable, cash on the bank

The thing I want to do is that the closing balance shall be added to the next month. So for example in june: Closing balance is 14 011 984. I want to create a new variable which shows opening balance for each month. And the opening balance for july is the closing balance for june. 

How can I do this? 

Best regards! 

2 REPLIES 2
CApowerbi
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your answer!

I tried to do it the way you showed. But as I understand it doesnt work if you have measures as I have. In this table all columns are measures.  The table that shows " utgående balans" is a measure which is the sum of adding all the other columns/measures together. The measure looks like this: 

Utgående balans = [Lönekostnad ex. soc]+[Skatt och sociala]+[Leverantörsreskontra]+[Kundreskontra]+[Bankkonto]

Is there another solution or am I doing it the wrong way?

CApowerbi_1-1686209766459.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@CApowerbi , for that you have build like inventory cumulative

example

Inventory / OnHand
CALCULATE(firstnonblankvalue('Date'[Month]),sum(Table[Intial Inventory]),all('Date')) + CALCULATE(SUM(Table[Ordered]),filter(date,date[date] <=maxx(date,date[date]))) - CALCULATE(SUM(Table[Sold]),filter(date,date[date] <=maxx(date,date[date])))

Power BI Inventory On Hand: https://youtu.be/nKbJ9Cpb-Aw

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.