Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Magnus-CPH-DK
Helper I
Helper I

Click value in visual --> Go to other page, filter new page with clicked value

Hi all,

Lets assume I have a project page with a project slicer, which filters a table visual with project-associated company data (as well as an audit table of the project - this is irrelevant for now).

One project might have several associated companies.

MagnusCPHDK_0-1667403189835.png

Now instead of filtering the page when clicking on one of the company cells in my company table, I want to jump to my company page, which shows project-related data, based on a selected company value from a company slicer. And I want the company that I clicked on in my table visual to act as the chosen slicer value on my company page.

MagnusCPHDK_1-1667403234775.png

So far this sounds to me like a drill-through feature.

But lets assume that the chosen company might be associated with several projects. A many-to-many relation.

Now I want to click on another project in my project table in my company page and jump back to the project page to see potential other companies associated with the newly selected project value. And from here I want to be able to click on a new company, see new related projects, chose new project-related companies and so forth. A sort of dynamic navigation which is not dependant on the number of projects a company is associated with or vice versa (this is why the ideal solution would be to be able to click on a cell in a table visual, since the size of it is flexible).

I tried examining how to pass a selected slicer value to a URL in a calculated column and add it to the visual to jump to the other report page, but apparently this is not possible: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-set-selected-value-from-slicer-to-URL-in-PowerBi/m-p...

Do you have any suggestions on how to make this circular navigation between associated values of a selected value?

Help is highly appreciated!

Link to the pbix test file: https://we.tl/t-ZKxVQmwf8q

(The data model is auto-generated and not correct. I don't know how to fix this many-to-many-relation between companies and projects...)

2 REPLIES 2
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi 

I tried but was unsuccessful and am very skeptical that this will work. Hopefully, there will be technology more powerful to provide ideas.

Best Regards

Lucien

Hi Lucien

Thanks for your reply, although it is not uplifting to hear.

I hope someone out there has a solution.

Do you have any idead on how to achieve something close to this? Would it be drill-through you think?

Kind regards Magnus

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.