Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

nigelh54

Clearing filters from visuals

Hi Guys,

I have a drillthrough page that accepts its data into one slicer, i also have another slicer on the page. I have set up a bookmark page but when i click the link to it it clears both slicers and clears the values from the one from the drillthrough. How can i achieve the desired effect?

Nigel

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there! If I understand correctly, the issue you are facing is that when you click on a bookmark link, the slicer filter as well as the data from the drillthrough is reset. To fix this, go to View->Bookmarks Pane, and right click on the Bookmark. From there, uncheck "Data". In doing so, the boomark will no longer store whatever filter, drill, or sort state you had at the time of creating the bookmark.

Hope this helps!

Hi Sean-Owens,

I have tried that but it clears all data from the slicers. What i want is for it to keep the data from the drillthrough but reset any applied filter.

Nigel

Hi @nigelh54 

As tested,

Check the "data" for the bookmark, bookmark will reset the filters,

Uncheck the "data", bookmark can keep the filters from previous page.

But you want to keep the filters from the "drillthrough" page which is filtered by the "drillthrough" feature,

As tested, it seems impossible.

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In that case, put the slicers to the position you want them to reset to (most likely "All"). Then, select all slicers by holding Ctrl and clicking on all of them, right click on the bookmark, click on "Selected visuals", and then click "Update".

As a result, the bookmark will update the slicers to the specified position above and it will not affect the graph that you have applied the drillthrough to.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors