Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ianf123
Helper I
Helper I

Clear visual (Social Network Graph) when no data to display

Hi,

I have successfuly created a page which based on the selected value from a slicer (service), displays 2 "Social Network Graph" visuals (showing dependencies). One shows upstream dependencies, one shows downstream dependencies. Not all services have BOTH Upstream and Downstream dependencies.

When I choose a service with just Upstream dependencies, the Downstream dependencies visual still shows the visual from the previous service selected which had Downstream dependencies (ie for the "wrong" service).

Is there a way of clearing the visual before displaying the new one (even if blank) at the point where the slicer selection is updated?

5 REPLIES 5
ianf123
Helper I
Helper I

Update - if I click on another page and come back to the page with the 2 visuals, I get the desired result - the visual is blank where there are no entries. I would like this to take place without having to change page.

Hi , @ianf123 

Not clear what you want and can your tell me more detail or share me  example pbix file.

In addition , if this issue is developed by third party, you also can  contact its author

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Hi - I have attached a .pbix to demonstrate the issue.

Selecting Service A in the slicer returns data in both panes (visuals).

If I select Service X in the slicer, the right hand pane (visual) updates, but because there is no data for the left pane (visual), the values for Service A remain displayed.

If you click on the Dummy Page, and then back to the Dependencies page, it behaves as I would like, ie left pane (visual) is blank.

I would like to ensure that this happens as soon as I select Service X in the slicer, rather than having to flip between pages.

Is there an easy way to do this?

I cant attach a pbix, or share using my organisation one-drive account.

Can I send to you in some other way / privately?

Hi , @ianf123 

For the sake of your data security, we can  only recommend that you use onedrive for business😞. We cannot protect data if you shared by other three parties.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.