Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Tgilchrist
Frequent Visitor

Charting hh:mm:ss duration over date range?

From what I've read so far this is not possible in PowerBI but because most of the posts I've found are fairly old and there are new application revisions coming out frequently I am looking to verify if it is possible to chart duration over a date range.

Currently I have an app setup up in a different data analytics tool that charts machine downtime in this manner. Utilizing duration rather than hours or minutes alone is ideal because the data can be filtered from a time frame of multiple months to a single day as well as to specific standardized "DowntimeReasons" within any timeframe.  

In my opinoin, charting this informaiton in hours is to low of a resolution for shorter time frames or heavily filtered data and charting in minutes is to high when looking at larger time frames. 

0.1k hours of downtime per day or 6789 minutes of downtime per month is not nearly as intuitive as displaying in hh:mm:ss

So my question is, is charting in duration now possible? 

If not, is there any good alternates to the methods I have discussed above to display accumulative time over a range of dates.

Below is a screenshot of an example of what I'm looking to accomplish...

2020-06-24_14-20-46.jpg

1 REPLY 1
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tgilchrist ,

It still doesn't seem to work, so I suggest you use ToolTips, Please refer to the similar post: https://intellipaat.com/community/7834/show-time-duration-as-hh-mm-ss-in-powerbi-charts and I also suggest you  create an idea for it in Power BI forumhttps://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.