Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

AbigailCole
Frequent Visitor

Charticulator Histogram with Spec Lines

Hello everyone,

First time poster, long time reader. So the python visual I was originally using is no longer being supported by the Power BI service (already opened a support ticket) but regardless, my boss is fed up and wants me to use/create a new visual as we have a lot of data and the python visual was pretty slow/sometimes timed out. Thus, my attempt at Charticulator began. First off, this is what I'm trying to re-create:

AbigailCole_0-1661286791560.png

Pretty slick, right?

I finally got the Charticulator looking good, but then I noticed that my x-axis was off on my data:

AbigailCole_1-1661287038125.png

I assume this is becasue I have two glyphs. One is my x-axis with the lower spec (ls), target, and upper spec (us) while my other glyph are the bars itself. I'm sure this is the source of my issue, but I cannot seem to find a way to solve it (on day 4 of searching the web/trying different things).

Does anyone know how I can have two glyphs that use the same x-axis in Charticulator? If not, does anyone have a non-python/non-R histogram with Spec limits developed?

P.s. I've looked at the import visuals histograms and one doesn't have spec lines, and the other has a limit on the amount of data it can process. This visual also needs to be able to be quite small. Any help would be appreciated! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AbigailCole
Frequent Visitor

In one of the recent updates, they have changed the Column Cluster chart to have X-axis constant lines, so I am using a measure to have those be my spec lines now! So I technically did not solve the answer of two glyphs using the same axis, but if anyone else is looking for a histogram, it now is just the column cluster chart.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AbigailCole
Frequent Visitor

In one of the recent updates, they have changed the Column Cluster chart to have X-axis constant lines, so I am using a measure to have those be my spec lines now! So I technically did not solve the answer of two glyphs using the same axis, but if anyone else is looking for a histogram, it now is just the column cluster chart.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@AbigailCole I hardly used charticulator, can you check on the formatting pane if there is an option for the x-axis to change continuous and category? Try changing that and see if it works.

Follow us on LinkedIn and YouTube.gif to our YouTube channel

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos to whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

The formatting page for Charticulator is quite different since you can build a lot of different visuals with it, so sadly that is not an option for this visual. Thank you for responding!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

February 2024 Update Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - February 2024

Check out the February 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Top Solution Authors