Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

adrianm2018
Regular Visitor

Changing pennies into pounds

Hi, 

I'm importing data that is measured in pennies, but I want to visualise and report on it in pounds. I'm really new to PowerBI so any help would be much appreciated. 

I'm sure it should be a 10 sec job for someone, but I literally have no clue where to start. 

Many thanks,

Adrian 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @adrianm2018,

You should first convert the value calculated from pennies to pounds, then, change the currency symbol.

New a column with DAX:

Pounds = YourTableName[ValueColumn]/100

1.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @adrianm2018,

You should first convert the value calculated from pennies to pounds, then, change the currency symbol.

New a column with DAX:

Pounds = YourTableName[ValueColumn]/100

1.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the response @v-yulgu-msft

I created the new column in my table and the DAX formula works perfect. However, when I go back to my graphs I can't change the figures to return data based on the newly created 'Pound' value as I can't find my newly created value within the Currency drop down menu. Any thoughts on how I could do that?

Many thanks,

Adrian 

Ah nevermind, i figured it out! Thanks anyway - really appreciate your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.