Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Change the filter on a chart to monthly based on selecting a date in the slicer.

Data - two columns dates and placement #'s

CharlotteCity12_1-1682018315323.png

What I want is

When I select a date from a slicer i want to see totals per day within the month where I selected a date..

E.G. if I select: 1/3/23, I want to see:

CharlotteCity12_2-1682018315328.png

If I select 2/5/23 I want to see:

CharlotteCity12_0-1682018299060.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
MohammadLoran25
Super User
Super User

Hi @CharlotteCity12 ,

Assume you have 'DateTable' which has relationship with your 'PlacementTable'.

And you have 'SecondDateTable' which does not have any relationship to your 'PlacementTable' and 'DateTable'.

1-Put Date column from 'SecondDateTable' as your slicer to select the date you want.

2-Put Date column from 'DateTable' on your X-Axis.

3-Create the measure below and put it as your Y-Axis:

NoOfPlacement=COUNTROWS(PlacementTable)

4-Create the measure below and put it as a "filter on this visual" from "filterpane" and set it to "greater than or equal to 1" :

FILTERONVISUAL =
COUNTROWS (
    FILTER (
        DateTable,
        MONTH ( DATETABLE[Date] ) = MONTH ( SELECTEDVALUE ( SECONDDATETABLE[Date] ) )
            && YEAR ( DATETABLE[Date] ) = YEAR ( SELECTEDVALUE ( SECONDDATETABLE[Date] ) )
    )
)

Then with changing your slicer from step1, the result would be same as what your are looking for. (Do not forget that you can turn on the show items with no data or turn it off on your visual to show or not show the days of the month without any placement)

If this answer helped you, mark it as an kudoed accepted solution.

Regards,

Loran

View solution in original post

You're welcome @CharlotteCity12 

Happy I could solve it !

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Loran, You are the best!  THANK you so much for your quick response... It worked perfectly!!!  Dannio

You're welcome @CharlotteCity12 

Happy I could solve it !

MohammadLoran25
Super User
Super User

Hi @CharlotteCity12 ,

Assume you have 'DateTable' which has relationship with your 'PlacementTable'.

And you have 'SecondDateTable' which does not have any relationship to your 'PlacementTable' and 'DateTable'.

1-Put Date column from 'SecondDateTable' as your slicer to select the date you want.

2-Put Date column from 'DateTable' on your X-Axis.

3-Create the measure below and put it as your Y-Axis:

NoOfPlacement=COUNTROWS(PlacementTable)

4-Create the measure below and put it as a "filter on this visual" from "filterpane" and set it to "greater than or equal to 1" :

FILTERONVISUAL =
COUNTROWS (
    FILTER (
        DateTable,
        MONTH ( DATETABLE[Date] ) = MONTH ( SELECTEDVALUE ( SECONDDATETABLE[Date] ) )
            && YEAR ( DATETABLE[Date] ) = YEAR ( SELECTEDVALUE ( SECONDDATETABLE[Date] ) )
    )
)

Then with changing your slicer from step1, the result would be same as what your are looking for. (Do not forget that you can turn on the show items with no data or turn it off on your visual to show or not show the days of the month without any placement)

If this answer helped you, mark it as an kudoed accepted solution.

Regards,

Loran

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors