Need help to change the language from a date hierarchy field.
When I created the field, my PBI Desktop was in portuguese. Than, I changed to english because the audience requires the reports in english.
Now, everytime I use this field in a slicer, for exemple, the information is in portuguese.
Have tried changing LOCAL in Edit Queries, have tried to duplicate the column, have tried to format it in excel (database).
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
I've had the same problem for a while now as well. The problem extends to both filters and visuals (charts in this case).
Any solution or workaround would be much appreciated!
I've had a same problem and I found a workaround by binning the dates into bins of the size 1 month. It's very simple: in the report view, right-click on the column and select "New group" and then select bin size. Hope this resolves your issue.
You may try to create the hierarchy manually: 1. Click 'New hierarchy 2. Add the columns to the hierarchy.
You may try to install the English version from here and test again. If it is not your case, you may create a date table and use the new hierarchy as tomerfaith said in below post.
Could you tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is,kindly mark my answer as a solution if you feel that makes sense. Welcome to share your own solution. More people will benefit from here.
Haven´t tried yet, but I know this is going to work.
I was trying to avoid this solution, but will have to do it.
Happy new year!
I thougth the solution would work, but it didn´t.
I have created a new tab with dates and column headers in english. Formatting is in english also.
I´m running Power BI in english.
But as the system creates the dates hierarchy, it creates in portuguese.
Don´t know what else I have to do to solve this problem.
I'm facing the same situation today, October 19, 2022. Hopefully, I will find a solution. I will update it here in this thread.