Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TheBigFrench
Regular Visitor

Change decimal separator

Hi,

I am trying to change the decimal separator of a number, without changing my windows local format, as it is for one table of my report only.

Why ? : because I need to export ONE specific table of the report into a CSV format to import it in my ERP, all the other tables and graphs should keep my standard format.

Standard format : # ##0,00 (example : 1234,33) > it's a comma, used in 99% of my reports.

For this specific table, I need this format 1234.33 (with a dot), so I will be able to export its content to a csv file.

I tried to change in Power Query (using US decimal format), not working

If in PowerQuery I use the Replace Value of a column formated in text, I can do partially what I  want, with to situation that are not good for me : I wont have 2 decimals for numbers like 1234,00 (and I need thoose 2 decimals), and PB won't be able to do some calculation (no more sum for example)

I can't find a way to do it.

Thanks for your help

4 REPLIES 4
Padycosmos
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Padycosmos_0-1673645773827.png

You may please explore this by changing both the languages to English (US). I tried changing this to French and restarted  and everything changed into French. As I don't know French, I could not go further. However, it appears that you might have to create a new report.

Padycosmos
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Did you try using Locale in the Type in Power Query?

Padycosmos_2-1673642862011.png

Hi Padycosmos,

Yes I tried that, and it is not working.

I also tried by adding a column, and formating with a M formula (but it is not very clean !): 

if MYCOLUMN<0 then Text.Replace(Number.ToText(MYCOLUMN*-1,"0.00"), ",", ".") else "0.00"

So, it give me the right visual and export result, but as a text, I can't avec the SUM off all the lines.

Mmmmh, forget it, I won't be able to export in a semicolon CSV file....

So after the export I would need to replace all the "," by a ";", which is not convenient at all.

So I voted to this idea https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=dcdf502d-c5a8-4bf5-aef0-a9e2df596854, but with only 384 votes in 6 years, I pretty sure it will never be done 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.