Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MartynRamsden
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Change Filter Pane selections via a Bookmark without affecting all visuals

Hi all,

I’d like to add a Bookmark to a report which changes the selection for some visual / page level filters in the Filter Pane. However, I don’t want the bookmark to change any slicer selections on the report page.

I have the Data, Display and Current Page options selected on the Bookmark.

If I use the ‘All visuals’ option, the Filter Pane changes get applied as expected but the slicer selections are also captured in the Bookmark – not what I’m looking for.

When I use the ‘Selected visuals’ option, the slicers are unaffected but the changes do not get applied to the Filter Pane.

Am I missing something (quite likely!) or is it not possible to change Filter Pane selections via a Bookmark without affecting all visuals on the report page?

Best regards,

Martyn

4 REPLIES 4
Daniel29195
Super User
Super User

Hello @MartynRamsden ,
im facing the same issue and couldnt find a work around except adding the filter as a visual instead of using it from the filter pane which is not ideal.
do yourecommend  any  altenatives ?

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @MartynRamsden 

According to my test and research, when you clicked on the “Data” option of the bookmark, the filter status(filter and slicer) will be changed to the status when it’s saved as the bookmark every time you go to the bookmark. Even though I used the “Sync slicer” function to sync the slicer option of the two pages, the slicer option will be immediately changed to the status when I clicked on the bookmark.

And this is also explained in the official document:

v-robertq-msft_0-1619420846118.png

Therefore, I think the only way is to turn off the “data” option and use the “Sync slicers” function and use different level of the filter to achieve what you want.

Sync and use slicers on other pages

Understanding levels of Filters in Power BI

Create bookmarks in Power BI Desktop to share insights and build stories

Thank you very much!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

MartynRamsden
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

After a lot playing around and testing, I've come to the conclusion that this isn't currently possible.

I've found an entry on ideas.powerbi.com which I think would satisfy my needs:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=4a8219e0-2d32-475e-8c55-8944f6bbb8c2 

Please vote it up if you think it would be useful for you too.

Cheers,

Martyn

Hi, @MartynRamsden 

Sorry for missing your follow-up, I’ve also voted for this idea.😂

v-robertq-msft_0-1619421112909.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.