Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cascading slicers

Hi everyone

I have my database on a single table, and I want to filter some value according to 2 levels (Lv1 and Lv2, let's say Factory and Sector).

What I want to do is something like this: first, select Factory, and the select Sector from a list that only contains the sectors on the factory already selected (that is, Sector has to be filtered by Factory).

I kind of made it, by making Factory filter sector, but not the other way around. The problem is this: when I have a Factory and Sector already selected, and change Factory (Lv1), the selection on Sector (Lv2) remains, and most of the time shows blanks (because that Sector previously selected does not exist on that Factory).

Is there a way to make the previous Sector selected, unselect?

I noticed I can make something similar by creating a unique slicer that contains both categories (Factory and Sector), and giving them the proper hierarchy, but the way the dropdown list presents it's not so friendly. Is there a way to make this list better, and more practical?

Thanks in advance

José

2 REPLIES 2
v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry I didn't quite understand the problem you are facing.

In my understanding, you have factory and sector columns.

vkalyjmsft_0-1646807876027.png

When you select Factory A in the factory slicer, the sector slicer wil show S1, S2, S3, then if you select S1 in the sector slicer, now because there's no S1 in the factory B, so factory slicer does not allow you to choose factory B. 

vkalyjmsft_0-1646809861494.png

Could you please explain more about your sample and problem?

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I doubt that

refer, if needed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yv5srlqgmI

Helpful resources

Announcements
AugPowerBI_Carousel

Power BI Monthly Update - August 2024

Check out the August 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

August Carousel

Fabric Community Update - August 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.