Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hgmc
Frequent Visitor

Card showing (Blank) two filter error

Hi, I am still new to Power BI. I have read multiple sites but can't seem to get a simple function to work.

On Pg1 I have a Slicer to select 'Employee Name', and a Card that then counts the 'Employee ID' number field (how many times does this employees number appear in the data). This works fine.

On Pg2 I have a card that I want to show 'Employee Name' again, so the 'Employee Name' field is added. I want it to show whatever employee name the Slicer is filtered to on Pg1, but it always shows (Blank) on Pg2.

If I hover over the filter on Pg2 card it shows two filters active? It shows the Synced one from Pg1 'Employee Name' correctly but it also shows filter for 'Employee ID' which I havent added to the field selection for that visual? And im guessing because there are somehow two filters applied - it gives the Blank error.

I'm sure this is a simple fix but I can't figure it out, I've spent hrs messing around with the Sync option but nothing works.

Page 1Page 1Page 2Page 2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DanielGarcia
Advocate I
Advocate I

Good Morning, man

After a lot of tests i can solved this.

In the first time that I try, i got the same error, because in the second page, for some reason the visual "accumullate" the another slicers previously apllicaded.

So, the solution is this:

1 - Delete the second page, to start from zero

2 - In the first page, do this config in slicer:

DanielGarcia_0-1676729828952.png

* in my case the "Página 3" is yor second page.

3 - Create yout second page again and insert yout visual.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
DanielGarcia
Advocate I
Advocate I

Good Morning, man

After a lot of tests i can solved this.

In the first time that I try, i got the same error, because in the second page, for some reason the visual "accumullate" the another slicers previously apllicaded.

So, the solution is this:

1 - Delete the second page, to start from zero

2 - In the first page, do this config in slicer:

DanielGarcia_0-1676729828952.png

* in my case the "Página 3" is yor second page.

3 - Create yout second page again and insert yout visual.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.