Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

IraWatt
Helper I
Helper I

Cant remove filter from Date Quarter

Hi all, Im trying to remove the filter from my date field which on my graph is broke down by quater. When I try REMOVEFILTERS() it works:

IraWatt_2-1645630345629.png

However, REMOVEFILTERS('Key'[Simple Application].[Quarter]) does not have the same effect.

IraWatt_3-1645630461935.png

Im not sure what is wrong with my setup. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IraWatt ,

You are very right with method to remove the quarter filter. But you miss the [QuarterNo]. Exactly, there is a table contains columns named year,month,monthNo,quarter,quarterNo,day when you enable intelligence date time. The table has one  to many relationship with your fact table. So you want to remove the filter on this table, not only the quarter but also quarterNo.

vchenwuzmsft_0-1646034368365.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-chenwuz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @IraWatt ,

You are very right with method to remove the quarter filter. But you miss the [QuarterNo]. Exactly, there is a table contains columns named year,month,monthNo,quarter,quarterNo,day when you enable intelligence date time. The table has one  to many relationship with your fact table. So you want to remove the filter on this table, not only the quarter but also quarterNo.

vchenwuzmsft_0-1646034368365.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ chenwu zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Awsome thanks @v-chenwuz-msft! It seems strange that the graph applies both the QuarterNo and Quarter as filters almost like it has two fields in the x-axis. 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@IraWatt , try like

REMOVEFILTERS('Key'[Simple Application])

Prefer not to use the Auto time intelligence column. Create a Qtr column. Or create a date table with the required column .

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.