Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DesOwens
Regular Visitor

Cannot update DATASET

I am trying o use 3 DATASETS which are being streamed from IoT Hub in Azure through Stream Analytics. The data section is numerical, say 0.134 etc. I am then attempting to create a bar graph, but the option to use data does not appear in the drop down menu for data.  When I view the values from stream I see that the Data is set to TEXT, when I try to set this to number it comes up with an error. One of my datasets is working fine but I cannot change the other 2 and I need to add more, Help please !

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Can you remove the field from the stream and add it again?

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You need to modify the field definitions for your dataset. Something like this:

lbendlin_0-1616118135753.png

Hi Ibendlin,

Yes I need to modify one field definition as you say above called 'data' but this is the issue. Everytime I attempt to it calls up an error,

DesOwens_0-1616143188326.png

and the error looks like this 

DesOwens_1-1616143228727.png

Now I managed to change this on one Data Stream but I am unable to change on the others ?

What actually sets the value code (TEXT,NUMBER,DATECODE) as if it was already set to NUMBER I would have no issues

Des

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.