Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

saipawar
Helper IV
Helper IV

Cannot Pin a tile from a report to my dashboard

Hi, 

I have tried multiple ways to pin my visual to a dashboard but none are successful.

When I click on the pin icon, no dialog box pops up asking me where would I like to pin the tile. 

Also, when I hover over the pin icon, "Pin Visual" text appears but no action is taken after clicking the Pin icon.

The report is built using a dataset that has been shared with me by a different team in my orgnization. I have my own  workspace in which I am creating my own report and dashboard. Also, this report shows up under my own workspace even when it's dataset originally belongs to a different team.

Please help troubleshoot this issue since I have a close deadline and my deliverable is highly relying on pinning and creating a dashboard. 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I was able to trouble shoot this issue. I didn't have the Build permission to pin the visual. I had only Read and Reshare which was not allowing me to pin the visual.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Herbert_PowerBI
Frequent Visitor

If anyone is interested in the solution see below. They're calling it "Remove title Fix"

Solved: Re: Pin Visual Not Working - Microsoft Power BI Community

btw how do you change this thread category to service?

Herbert_PowerBI
Frequent Visitor

I have tried all of the above. I am workspace admin and have all permissions. Workspace is in a premium workspace. I have deleted all datasets re-published; Cleared cache. Premium Capacity and personal worksapce has the same problem. I've been advocating for Power BI in my organisation and this just left an egg on my face. Cannot pin any clusted barcharts. I'm out of ideas. What setting could Capacity admin possibly have to enable this if I am dataset owner and workspace admin with all permissions?

I've even tried adding a link to dataset/report with all permissions and sending it to myself. Nothing works

v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @saipawar ,

I have tested the scenario and 'pin tile' feature works fine on my side. It could be a temporary issue. Maybe you can try the following setps to check:

1. Please try to "Edit Report", then re-save it on Power BI Service to see if the visuals can be pinned to dashboard properly.
  2. You also could re-create the card visual in Power BI Desktop and republish it to check if visual can be pinned to dashboard successfully
  3. Please try to make a copy from this report and pin to dashboard

Note that you can't pin tiles from reports that are shared with you.

What's more, for some special custom visual or slicer visual , it is not supported to pin to dashboard.

Best Regards,
Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Only Solution is "Remove Title Fix" at this stage. You need to remove the title of the visual to pin then add it later in dashboard.

I was able to trouble shoot this issue. I didn't have the Build permission to pin the visual. I had only Read and Reshare which was not allowing me to pin the visual.

Removed Title from Visual to pin the visual and added it back in the dashboard after pinning

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.