Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

lordluis2000

Cannot Create Measure : Cannot find table

screen.jpg

Hi, 

On th eimage I tryed to create a measure but the DAX does not find any table in the list. So any time I try to make a reference does not work.

I did try to rename the table, create another table related with the original. But anything work 😞 

I am using a SQL Server with Direct Query and those tables are created using Merge function.

Any Clue ?

LM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dobregon
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I'm not 100%sure but if you create a measure with an IF, the conditions in the if should be measures, for that reason you only see one measure that it is your measure claled "recuento.. etc"

In your case, you can create the column with that conditions and then do a measure about the sum or something.

Or you can create the a sumx with some conditions if you one to count something

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dobregon
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I'm not 100%sure but if you create a measure with an IF, the conditions in the if should be measures, for that reason you only see one measure that it is your measure claled "recuento.. etc"

In your case, you can create the column with that conditions and then do a measure about the sum or something.

Or you can create the a sumx with some conditions if you one to count something

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate with a Kudos!! (Click the Thumbs Up Button)

Very Interesting

Well, I very new on this of PowerBI and I dod not know about this limitation. I will do it as you say.

Thanks 

LM 

other example, assuming that you are count the values that match with other column with 1. you can do something like this

MEASURE = CALCULATE (COUNT(table[column to count]), FILTER(TABLE, TABLE[yourcolumnfilter]=1))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.