Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can we hide drill through page in Page Navigation

Hello everyone,

In the page navigation can we hide the pages that we use for Drill-through ?

I have a few pages that made for drill-through only, and I kept it "Hide". In addition to this, there are also several pages that it is hidden as well, because it will be open by clicking a button in some of my normal page report, and now I would like this kind of page appear in the Page Navigation.

The setting for Page Navigation, as I know of is only ->

medwong_0-1645011218672.png

With my condition, if I put "Show hidden pages" to ON, all the pages including the "drill-trough" pages are visible in page navigation. But If I put it to OFF, all hidden pages including my pages that used to be opened by clicking buttons will not be visible in page navigation.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

In the page navigation if you have pages that you want to keep some pages hidden and other showing the workaround for those you don't want to present in the page navigation is to mark them has tooltip, since you are not showing the tooltips pages then you can also turn off the show hidden pages.

Since the tooltip is only active on another visual if you select that specific page in the options of the visualization this work has expected since the pages will not appear in the page navigation.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
acbg
Resolver III
Resolver III

@MFelix @Anonymous when I turn on the tooltip option on the page, the drill through option goes away from my main chart. Are you guys noticing that as well?

Exactly, so marking pages as tooltip-pages is not a valid workaround, since it prevents them from functioning as drillthrough pages.

@@VolueHelde (thankn you for answering this) @acbg (sorry for no response this got lost in all my notifications)

In this case a workaround is to create bookmarks for each of the pages you need and create a bookmark navigator, be aware not to select the data on the bookmarks, that way you can group the bookmarks and use only the selected group on the bookmark navigator, this is only bad because of the additional rk when doing new pages that you need to create another bookmark.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Thank you, @MFelix !
You are right offcourse. And its not THAT bad once you have done it for the report. Then, adding one more page, rearranging order and renaming (bookmark name) is only a small task.

I hope however that the PBI-team would bless the page navigator with a few more  options, to cater to those who want to only show page navigator (and no pages except one visible) and still have drillthrough-functionality.

It could be solved in multiple ways. Either an option on the navigator itself to exclude drillthrough-pages. Or maybe just have it as a page option wether it should be shown in page navigators.

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

In the page navigation if you have pages that you want to keep some pages hidden and other showing the workaround for those you don't want to present in the page navigation is to mark them has tooltip, since you are not showing the tooltips pages then you can also turn off the show hidden pages.

Since the tooltip is only active on another visual if you select that specific page in the options of the visualization this work has expected since the pages will not appear in the page navigation.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.