Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Vera_33
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Can't use Get Data

Several users in China could not use Get Data after Desktop was updated, it closed itself after clicking Get Data, but could use Recent Sources and blank query. We are using MS Store version, tried to uninstall and install again, not working. Some have tried to download the EXE and it is wokring. Is there anyone facing the same issue?

8 REPLIES 8
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Vera_33 ,

My colleague and I tested  "get data" with Microsoft store version and it works well. The version which we use is 2.78.5740.1101. Could you please provide the current version of Power BI Desktop which the users in China are using? 

In additional, they can download the installation package from this link as workaround and install it. 

version.JPGget data.png

Best Regards

Rena

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you Rena, we have the same version. I managed to install the .exe and it worked. I do believe the Store one is not stable...

Hi @Vera_33 ,

Whether the function of "GET Data" still not working for store version?

Best Regards

Rena

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you yingyinr, I managed to install .exe and it solved my issue. My colleague downgraded to previous version, still not working...he is fighting with IT to install .exe now.

Hi @Vera_33 ,

Recently Power BI Desktop has released a new version(2.79.5768.721), could yo please if the latest version still has this problem? If so, maybe you can open a support ticket.

Support Ticket.gif

Best Regards

Rena

Thank you Rena, yes, it is still happening in March release. I won't open another support case as I will be asked to install .exe, I am currently using .exe and it won't help sovle the issue we can't use the version from MS Store. Thank you anyway.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Vera_33 can you report an issue? everything is working at our end here in North America

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

The Issue in Community? Done...but new idea seems odd...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.