Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mregnide
Regular Visitor

Can't type in date box slicer

Hello,

This is a recent problem I've encountered with both the desktop app and our web based reports.  When attempting to adjust a date range, when attempting to click the box to type a new date, the calendar pops up, but I'm unable to type a new date even after clicking the date box again.  Is this a new *ahem* "feature"? If so, how do I fix it?

You can't tell from the screenshots, but my mouse cursor is just an arrow when hovering over the data box, and not the text editor icon.

DateSlicer_Desktop.pngDateSlicer_Web.png

13 REPLIES 13
michaelkek
Frequent Visitor

Anyone find an alternate visual that allows for free-form date entry? 

I think you will have to install some and try some yourself. 

1. Open PBI Desktop. 
  2. Go to Visualizations pane. 
  3. Click the 3 dots to get more visualizations.

croberts21_0-1668167765189.png

Search for "date picker" or just "date".

chris886
Frequent Visitor

This issue seriously needs to be addressed. Extremely annoying to not be able to enter date text. Pressing Esc is not a realistic option if you have to explain it to every user....

croberts21
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

What is the OS that your PBI runs on? I have the same problem on Windows Server 2019 Datacenter v1809.

In the future, for every question you post, can you provide the OS name and version, and PBI version? PBI versions are the month and year, like "May 2022". 

croberts21
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I'm having the same problem in PBI Desktop from May 2022 on Windows 10 Windows Server 2019 Datacenter v1809.

What is your PBI version and what is your OS name and version?

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mregnide ,

It works fine on my device. Have you tried to update your Power BI Desktop to the latest version?

vstephenmsft_1-1653376062339.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have the May 2022 PBI with the same problem. I turn off the date slider. Can you do that and try it again?

Hi,

I am having the sme issue, earlier it was available but after upgrade it does not allow to type in. Is there a workaround? My PBI desktop version is June 2022, Windows 11 OS.

Try pressing ESC when the date picker is up.  SUPER annoying (to both me and our PBI users), but it seems to work.  I don't know how, when, or why this changed but ESC at least seems to let us type in the date box again.

Perfect thanks!! yes it is a little annoying..

What operating system and version are you using?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mregnide , What I observed, is that you can type a date and press enter, post that you have to select a date from pop.

If simply move out using mouse click it will not change

Yes, I have to select a date from the pop up calendar.  I am not able to enter the text box and type a date.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.