Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

hillelkrief
Regular Visitor

Can't turn off data hierarchy because live data is being used

I am using a live data source for the table visualization. When I try to turn off time intelligence in global options, it still selects
data hierarchy.
When I go to current file and data load, it says “data loading options aren’t available because this file uses a live connection to another model”

How do I turn off the data hierarchy in my file is using a live connection?

6 REPLIES 6
Syk
Super User
Super User

When you use a live connection the model for your data resides somewhere else. This means that you won't be able to edit a lot of things related to the data model (although I'm not 100% sure about disabling heirarchies).

What are you trying to accomplish that the heirarchies are a problem? We can probably assist with that a little better!

Thank you! Basically, I have a table visualization and I want it to have the date in one single column as it does in the original data. But, the data hierarchy is there automatically which splits the dateinto 4 or so columns, and there is no way to turn it off without taking out the date altogether it seems. 

Right now I'm assuming your date looks like this.

Syk_1-1673616232223.png

You can change this to just the date by clicking the arrow next to your date field (highlighted in screenshot).

Then select your date field instead of heirarchy and you should be good to go!

Syk_2-1673616301041.png

Picture1.pngAs you can see, when I right click there, this is what I see, and when I click Data Heirarchy it stays checked and nothing changes.

When I go to current file and data load, it says “data loading options aren’t available because this file uses a live connection to another model”

Exactly what @HughLa said, select your date field (Invoice Date of Service) and not the date hierarchy.

Hi @hillelkrief 

Have you tried to click on the Invoice Date of Service above Date Hierarchy?
By doing that you only use the date and not the hierarchy.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.