Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ayushqralgroup
Frequent Visitor

Can't see the summarization option in conditional formatting

Hi,

I am trying to create a conditional formatting rule based on the count of a Text field. The problem is that I am not able to select that text field and also don't see the "Summarization" drop down (which I saw in earlier versions of PBI). Could someone please help?

ayushqralgroup_0-1678274788350.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I couldn't find the exact cause but copying my changes in another PBIX solved this. Looks like some PBIX file related issue but not exactly sure what.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
eabe025
Regular Visitor

Having same exact issue here. I could see the summarization option up till a few days ago and if I open a previous version of the same pbix file it works fine. The only difference between the two versions is that I added a calculation item from Tabular Editor recently. Not sure if this change is causing the odd behaviour in the conditional formatting pane and if it isI can't see any direct correlation between the two components.

I couldn't find the exact cause but copying my changes in another PBIX solved this. Looks like some PBIX file related issue but not exactly sure what.

ayushqralgroup
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Pragati11 ,

Below is how I am doing it:

ayushqralgroup_1-1678340876133.png

When I select the text field, it just doesn't show up in the "What field should we base this on?" drop down, and it turns to a red border

HI @ayushqralgroup ,

I might not be clear in my lats response, but I am trying to understand on what field are you applying conditional formatting in the visual like i the below screenshot I have Product Line column which is on my visual:

Pragati11_0-1678356106015.png

Also if this is still an issue, can you please share your Pbix file by removing any sensitive information from it?

You can use Dropbox or WeTransfer to share the pbix.

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi  @ayushqralgroup ,

What version of Power BI are you working with?

I tried to apply background conditional formatting to one of my columns and I see the right formatting options. I am applying conditional formatting on Product Line column here which is a text column.

Pragati11_1-1678275406946.png

Can you share more details here please like PBI dektop version, on which type of column you are trying to apply conditional formatting?

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Hi @Pragati11 ,

I am using: Version: 2.114.864.0 64-bit (February 2023)

The column is a Text Column with simple "Yes" or "Blank" values. The Summarization on the column setting is set to "Don't summarize" and Data Category is "Uncategorised". Please refer to the images below:

ayushqralgroup_0-1678278576146.png

ayushqralgroup_1-1678278891734.png

HI @ayushqralgroup ,

Can you also show how you are applying coinditional formatting please?

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.