Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't publish my excel pivot tables to power bi

Hi guys,

I've started to use the publish option in power bi. I'm a free user. All good with my reports from pbi.

In excel, also can publish my pivot tables and basic reports. Suddenly maybe because the pivot was too big, but it showed me this:

Error details power bi publishing failed.JPG

Since then, i cannot publish any kind of excel report. I don't know what to do now. 

Can anyone help me?

Thank you so much

Pedro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous,

As I said, power bi publisher plug-in will publish and pin your excel contents to power bi dashboard.(unsupported excel contents will analysed as tiles which can't be opened)

In my opinion, you can try to use 'import' feature to import your excel workbook content to power bi, power bi will analyse supported contents as visual/charts, then you publish them at power bi desktop side.

Import Excel workbooks into Power BI Desktop

Power BI publisher for Excel

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

Power bi not support excel pivot tables, please try to use power bi desktop to get data or import contents from excel sheet and build your own report, then use 'publish' option to publish report to power bi service.

If you mean excel power bi publisher plugin, AFAIK, this plugin hasn't updated for a long time and it seems like not compatible with new workspace.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi 

Hi @Anonymous,

As I said, power bi publisher plug-in will publish and pin your excel contents to power bi dashboard.(unsupported excel contents will analysed as tiles which can't be opened)

In my opinion, you can try to use 'import' feature to import your excel workbook content to power bi, power bi will analyse supported contents as visual/charts, then you publish them at power bi desktop side.

Import Excel workbooks into Power BI Desktop

Power BI publisher for Excel

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much for all your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.