Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JP-Siloam
Frequent Visitor

Can't get Desktop Update

Everytime I open Power BI desktop I get this windows notification

JPSiloam_0-1677792401185.png

If I click on it it takes me to the general Power BI download page, which then sends me to the Microsoft store, which then gives me no download option, just a open button for the version I have.  I've tried searching here for help, but I'm finding broken links and conflicting advice.

I really don't even care about the update, I just want to make the notification go away.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
SaraCastro

Hello! I'm having the exactly same issue. How did you overcome this issue? Thank you in advance!!

Haven't been able to. I am our IT admin and I've had other IT folks double check me, so I feel confident it's not a workplace configuration issue - or at least, not one that is well known or apparent.  But nothing I do allows me to upgrade to the new Power BI versions.  I have to wait until Power BI forces an update.

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

you using a device from your work? can be a work configuration. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

It is a work device, but I'm able to install things.  Also, I'm not getting error messages, just automatic redirects.

share your error that might give a hint of why isnt letting you update. cant think of any other issue tham a work configuration from your company denying the app the permit to update. 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

No error.  It just doesn't install the update, goes through the update process, everything looks like it worked but nothing actually changes in the software.  Today I completely uninstalled Power BI, went to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=58494 downloaded the file and reinstalled.  It installed the February update, not March.  And it's really nice to get up to February features, but I don't get why the update wouldn't do the same thing.  And when will the download files update to March?

strange indead, this doesnt look like a problem in power bi directly more possible a pc configuration of some kind preventing the update correctly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.