Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MP_T

Can't edit existing conditional formatting in Stacked Column Chart

I have a stacked column chart that contains conditional formatting with a slight bug but it does most of what is desired. However, there doesn't seem to be a way to edit the conditional formatting. When I select the chart and the field whose conditional formatting I want to edit and right click, conditional formatting is not shown as an option.

Things that haven't changed since it worked:

The code and chart setup haven't changed since it was possible to edit this.

Things that have changed:

I have upgraded to a new version of Power BI desktop (but it also wasn't working on the previous version and I upgraded to see if that would fix the issue).

The client is drip feeding data so there is more input data now than previously but from the way it is processed it is hard to see how this could be preventing access to conditional formatting. 

Any suggestions about how to edit the conditional formatting would be appreciated. Otherwise I can regenerate a new version of the chart without conditional formatting but this is not ideal as the client already saw a demo version that did have it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MP_T

I finally figured this out, so here is the answer in case anyone else is looking for it. In the most recent Power BI Desktop, the conditional formatting can be accessed via the fx button highlighted in the image below:

MP_T_0-1648563489660.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ThomaSN
Frequent Visitor

I have nearly the same problem. I know the solution before.

But in the current Power BI Desktop-Version I can't find the button to the conditional formattings for column charts. Please, see below...

ThomaSN_0-1652363268499.png

Is that issue of the latest update? or is the setting moved to a different position?

Thank you, in case of any advices

MP_T

I finally figured this out, so here is the answer in case anyone else is looking for it. In the most recent Power BI Desktop, the conditional formatting can be accessed via the fx button highlighted in the image below:

MP_T_0-1648563489660.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.