Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rjspereira
Frequent Visitor

Can't determine relationship between fields - any way to show on same table visual

Hi, I have 3 tables, like this example:

rjspereira_0-1713806871474.png

the main table has a one to many relationship with the Entity and also with the Country table.

I am trying to have a table visual something like this:

Visual Table
idtypestatusEntityCountry
1contractPendingVisaFrance
1contractPendingHTCSpain
1contractPendingBFN 

The problem is when i am adding the fields to the table, as soon as i add the field country, when i already have the Entity, i receive the error message: Can't determine relationship between fields 

I know that the country France or Spain, does not have a direct relation to any of those Entities, only to the main id.

Is there anyway to be able to have both fields in the same table??

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
rjspereira
Frequent Visitor

The question is that there is no relation between country and Entity. The only relation that exists is with document id =1 having multiple entities (3 in this case) and with 2 countries.

It apears that i have no option to have a visual table that permits extract to excel this information of multiple fields that have relation with document id but not among them.

What I am asking is, how do you know which Entity goes to each Country? Like in that table you made, you had certain Entities aligned to countries - how do you know which go together?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

i dont know, because, is just a list of entities and a list of countries per id. the only way that i have accomplished is to concatenate the list of entities and the list of countries and present that in a table with single row for id=1.

idtypestatusEntityCountry
1contractPendingVisa; HTC; BFNFrance; Spain

i was wondering if existed any other way of listing in as many rows as the number of entities or countries.

audreygerred
Super User
Super User

Right now, in your table that you would like to have, it looks like Visa Entity is for France and HTC is for Spain.... how do you know that? Once we figure out how that is determined to begin with we can brainstorm the best way to tackle it.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.