Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

tomasp
Regular Visitor

Can´t detect relationship even when the relationship IS CREATED in the model

I have this weird problem with connected tables. Through the table Stavy as seen in the screenshot I should be able to connect both tables Polozky_MD and Polozky_DAL to the Junction table. However, only Polozky_MD works. Using Polozky_DAL, I can get data from Stavy, but not from Junction table - error message says pBI can't detect relationship between two or more fields. 

Does anyone has any ideas, what shall I try? Even after disconnecting the table Polozky_MD completely this does not work.

Thanks Tomas

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tomasp,

If you modify the cross filter mode to both, does these tables work? If you try to delete the current relationship and re-create them, does these work?

If above are not help, can you share us a sample file to test?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

thanks for advices, unfortunately none had worked. I already dropped and recreated the connection, then modified the cross filter, nothing happend. Then i simplyfied the model by merging tables Polozky_MD and Polozky_DAL into one. 

But even more surpising error occured: Now I have a working table in my report and when I try to create exactly the same table, "relationship problem" occurs again! IDK maybe the table must be created by adding columns in some specific order? Shamefully I dont remebmer the order in which I added columns into the table, that is woking. I will gladly send a demo file if you tell me an e-mail address. Thanks T.

Hi @tomasp,

You can upload the sample file to 1dr, then share us the link.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.