Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SamQC
Helper I
Helper I

Can't connect to Power Platform

Hello,

I have created several dataflows and everything worked fine for months. All of a sudden, I can't connect to it from both Power BI Desktop and Excel. I get this error message:

* "The given credential could not be refreshed - You're not signed in"
* "The service returned an invalid token. Please contact your IT Admin if this issue persists" (I am the IT Admin!)

When the pop-up window shows up to enter my credentials, I can do it and it says that my credentials are correct but then my computer stil shows the error message above.

I already tried:

1. In File -> Options and Settings -> Data source setting-> clear permission of existing data flow connection

2. Go to File-> Options and settings -> Options -> Security Option -> and check : Use My Default browser( Visible after scroll)

It did not change anything.

I uninstalled PowerBI, the issue persists.

I have been stuck for days now...

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
SamQC
Helper I
Helper I

Problem solved by @marlonsalatiel :

I simply changed wifi network (I used my mobile data) and the issue disappeared.

I don't understand why but it worked. Even when I went back to using my usual wifi network, the error message about invalid token doesn't show.

View solution in original post

I simply changed wifi network (I used my mobile data) and the issue disappeared.

I don't understand why but it worked. Even when I went back to using my usual wifi network, the error message about invalid token doesn't show.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
SamQC
Helper I
Helper I

harrisontdh
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Were you able to resolve this issue? A user is experiencing something similar here, and there doesn't seem to be rhyme or reason for it.

Thanks,

Unfortunately no... still waiting for somebody to help. Don't hesitate to PM me if you find a way though.
Good luck!

SamQC
Helper I
Helper I

I uninstalled everything, both Power BI and Microsoft 365. I then reinstalled Power BI. The "Data Source Settings" are completely empty.

Yet, when I try to connect to Dataflow I still get this message:

SamQC_0-1685927861484.png

SamQC
Helper I
Helper I

If ever it helps understanding my problem: I tried from a different computer, it works (I can connect to the dataflow without any problem)... but my computer is still stuck here:

SamQC_0-1685697480979.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.