Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Katja262373
Helper I
Helper I

Can't build a proper graph... :-( can anyone advice, what do I do wrong?

Dear all, could you please advice, how can i build a proper graph to represent the migrant flows in EU countries per country as LINES, not colums

(with years 2014,2015, 2016,2017, 2018,2019, 2020 which should be located along the x-axis, not along Y-axis)?

(@ Power Query I have these rows and columns at the moment) - please see the printscreens below...

I manage to create the diagram with the names of the countries below along the X-axis and the sums per year represented as columns, but i don't need that - I need to see the countries names along the Y-axis and the sums per year represented as lines...

data source (power query)data source (power query)my current graph with columns (which I need to change)..

current (incorrect) graph...current (incorrect) graph...

and below is an example of a graph, which I'd like to create...

example of a graph, which I'd like to getexample of a graph, which I'd like to get

I'd be very grateful, if someone can advice, how to solve this puzzle...

2 REPLIES 2
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

In Power Query, Unpivot the year columns.  Then use the line chart visual.

I don't understand this part of the request - "need to see the countries names along the Y-axis". The Y-axis will have a numeric scale.  You will put the 'geo' field in the Legend.

Thank you a lot HotChilli for your kind response! I've tried to unpivot the columns, but now i get this error @ Power Query...

Screenshot error POWER BI.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.