Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Belgarion42
Frequent Visitor

Can't Get Zeroes to Display in Table Visual

Hello brain trust!  😊

I have a table in my report as follows:

Belgarion42_0-1717799324573.png

I am using a measure to do my counts, and I added "+0" to the end so it will show zeros instead of blanks. This is the measure:

WorkItemID Count = 
    DISTINCTCOUNT('reporting vw_ADO_TEO_Workitems_Services_LES'[WorkItemID]) + 0

In a card visual, it behaves as expected and gives me "0". However, as you can see, in the table it has blanks where there should be zeroes. I also tried it using an IF statement, and got the same outcome.

Can someone help me understand why it is behaving this way and how to fix it so I get my zeroes?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

To report on things that are not there you need to use disconnected tables and/or crossjoins

After that you can use the +0 hack to show something where there is nothing.

You may want to consider other options, including staying with your current setup.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-huijiey-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Belgarion42 ,

Thanks for the reply from lbendlin .

The data may be aggregated differently in the table visual. Perhaps you can try to create a measure to check for blanks and replace them with zero.

Measure =
IF(
ISBLANK(DISTINCTCOUNT('reporting vw_ADO_TEO_Workitems_Services_LES'[WorkItemID])),
DISTINCTCOUNT('reporting vw_ADO_TEO_Workitems_Services_LES'[WorkItemID])
)

If this does not solve your problem, I would be grateful if you could provide me with the pbix file or sample data.

Remember to remove sensitive data and do not log in to your account in Power BI Desktop when uploading the pbix file.

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me.

Best Regards,
Yang
Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

To report on things that are not there you need to use disconnected tables and/or crossjoins

After that you can use the +0 hack to show something where there is nothing.

You may want to consider other options, including staying with your current setup.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.