Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Vanchy_Liao
Advocate I
Advocate I

Can not find "align zero" in Line Chart settings

Hi everyone,

I am using Power BI RS September 2022 to develop reports.

There are two measures in a Line Chart and these two measures are set to percentage format.

But when choosing some items on the slicer, the Y axis of Line Chart will show two Y axis.

I remember there was a "align zero" option in the secondary Y axis, but I can not find it.

Finally, I choose Line and clustered cloumn chart to replace Line Chart and find the "align zero" option.

Is there any consideration that not put the "align zero" option in the Line Chart?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you @v-yueyunzh-msft 

I suggest an Power BI Idea here.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yueyunzh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Vanchy_Liao 

According to your description, you want to enable the "align zero" option in the line chart. According to my local test, this option does not seem to exist in the Line Chart, only in the second-y axis in the Line and clustered cloumn chart. .
For this problem, you can try to set the minimum value in the Y axis of the Line Chart to achieve.

If the modification does not take effect after the modification is completed, you can try to delete the value of the Y axis and then reposition it.

vyueyunzhmsft_0-1686194641951.png

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi @v-yueyunzh-msft ,

I tried this setting before, but I found another problem that if the two measure contains negative number, your solution would not working. It could not show the negative part on the visual.

My purpose is not to show two "zero axis" on the visual.

I think Mircrosft should add "align zero" to the line chart.

Thank you for your reply.

Hi , @Vanchy_Liao 

Thanks for your quick response!
I tested it in my side , and there is indeed no corresponding configuration of "align zero" in the Line Chart. For your needs, you can try to use other visual objects as workarounds, and you can also publish your ideas to Power BI idea .

Secondly, if you want to display the 0 scale line, you can try to use Y-axis Constant Line to see if it can meet your needs:

vyueyunzhmsft_1-1686534083120.png

Thank you for your time and sharing, and thank you for your support and understanding of PowerBI! 

Best Regards,

Aniya Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Thank you @v-yueyunzh-msft 

I suggest an Power BI Idea here.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.