Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NewUser777
Resolver I
Resolver I

Can Power BI Data model built using PowerBI desktop 1500 Compatibility level be deployed to SSAS

I have XMLA script which creates a database with compatibility level 1500. I want to know if I can use the XMLA script to deploy the database on my machine local which has SSAS instance (tabular) deployed .

My local server details

SQL Server Management Studio 15.0.18424.0
SQL Server Management Objects (SMO) 16.100.47021.0+7eef34a564af48c5b0cf0d617a65fd77f06c3eb1
Microsoft Analysis Services Client Tools 15.0.19750.0
Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 10.0.22000.1219
Microsoft MSXML 3.0 6.0
Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.30319.42000
Operating System 10.0.22000

My first execution attempt failed saying :

Executing the query ...
Power BI datasets using M based data source format are only supported in Power BI Premium services.
Run complete

Therefore I changed compabiltibilty level to 1400 but I got another error

Executing the query ...
The JSON DDL request failed with the following error: Unrecognized JSON property: defaultPowerBIDataSourceVersion. Check path 'model.defaultPowerBIDataSourceVersion', line 12, position 43..
Run complete

when I looked into the defaultPowerBIDataSourceVersion in XMLA it is  "defaultPowerBIDataSourceVersion": "powerBI_V3"

My main goal is to recreate the model on SSAS Tabular local version . Is this possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @NewUser777,

AFAIK, XMLA feature only work for premium capacity, are you test with a dataset that host in premium capacity?

Dataset connectivity and management with the XMLA endpoint in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

In adtion, you can take a look at the following blog about migrate power bi service dataset if helps:

How to migrate Power BI datasets to Microsoft Analysis Services models [Tutorial] | Packt Hub (packt...

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @NewUser777,

AFAIK, XMLA feature only work for premium capacity, are you test with a dataset that host in premium capacity?

Dataset connectivity and management with the XMLA endpoint in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

In adtion, you can take a look at the following blog about migrate power bi service dataset if helps:

How to migrate Power BI datasets to Microsoft Analysis Services models [Tutorial] | Packt Hub (packt...

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.