Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Fernklyn
Frequent Visitor

Can I use the filters for created date and close date as the same filter?

Can I use the filters for created date and close date as the same filter? I have 2 reports. The first report is the number of sales made each month. And the second report is sales for each month. Which is displayed by the closing month or closing date. Is there any way to select Monthly Filter and both reports will display correctly? Can anyone find a solution to this problem, thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello,

You could build a seperate date table where you have all the dates in your data with year, month, and day columns.

check this video to help you build one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WybnTHDl-AM

Then build a relation between the date table and your table that has data.

then use the month from the new created date table to make a slicer on the first report, copy the slicer and put on the second report and press sync. so when you filter the Month on the first report it will automaticaly filter the second report.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello,

You could build a seperate date table where you have all the dates in your data with year, month, and day columns.

check this video to help you build one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WybnTHDl-AM

Then build a relation between the date table and your table that has data.

then use the month from the new created date table to make a slicer on the first report, copy the slicer and put on the second report and press sync. so when you filter the Month on the first report it will automaticaly filter the second report.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks for the solution It's a very good way. I can finish my graduation project. Thank you very much. I appreciate it. 😭

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.