Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ThomasWeppler
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Can I use Tooltips in a Matrix

Hey PowerBI community

I want to show how the diffrent colums in a Matrix are calculated to the end user.
For a Piechart I can just use the tooltips and write the explaintion so the end user can read everything they need when they hover over the piechart, but I don't see that options in the Matrix.

Is it possible to either add it to the matrix or show the information to an end user in another way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ThomasWeppler
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Thanks for the tip.
I still didn't get it to work for a matix.

So in the end I used bookbarks and buttoms to make a large textfile that explain every colum in the matrix.

It is definitely not the most elegant solution, but it will work for the customers need, so a moderator can just close this thread.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ThomasWeppler
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Thanks for the tip.
I still didn't get it to work for a matix.

So in the end I used bookbarks and buttoms to make a large textfile that explain every colum in the matrix.

It is definitely not the most elegant solution, but it will work for the customers need, so a moderator can just close this thread.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ThomasWeppler , Tooltip page, you can try

Power BI Tooltip Page: How to pass selective values to the tooltip page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEq7YtkxeLU

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.