Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ThomasWeppler
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Can I use Tooltips in a Matrix

Hey PowerBI community

I want to show how the diffrent colums in a Matrix are calculated to the end user.
For a Piechart I can just use the tooltips and write the explaintion so the end user can read everything they need when they hover over the piechart, but I don't see that options in the Matrix.

Is it possible to either add it to the matrix or show the information to an end user in another way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ThomasWeppler
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Thanks for the tip.
I still didn't get it to work for a matix.

So in the end I used bookbarks and buttoms to make a large textfile that explain every colum in the matrix.

It is definitely not the most elegant solution, but it will work for the customers need, so a moderator can just close this thread.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ThomasWeppler
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

Thanks for the tip.
I still didn't get it to work for a matix.

So in the end I used bookbarks and buttoms to make a large textfile that explain every colum in the matrix.

It is definitely not the most elegant solution, but it will work for the customers need, so a moderator can just close this thread.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ThomasWeppler , Tooltip page, you can try

Power BI Tooltip Page: How to pass selective values to the tooltip page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEq7YtkxeLU

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.