Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

afaro
Helper II
Helper II

Can I see something on my axis without it being used as filtering the visual?

I want to see a value for all the weeks in a year. But when I add months also as a filtering option, since week can be part of two months, it shows two separate bars in the visual. Therefore, I just want to see months being displayed below my weeks on x axis but just to give an idea of when a month starts and ends instead of using months for filtering. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @afaro 
You can use a hierarchical X-axis to see the "limits" of every month:

Ritaf1983_0-1716005521353.png

To have this form, with the month on the bottom you have to switch off the "concatenate labels" option:

Ritaf1983_1-1716005626145.png

pbix with example is attached

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

DataNinja777
Super User
Super User

Hi @afaro ,

There are multiple ways to produce your required output, and one of them is using ConcatenateX to show in one week line, the concatenated month information as follows so that if the week is straddled by two months (i.e., if the current month ends and another month begins in the same week), it will be shown as two mmm-yyyy for easy identification of this fact.  

DataNinja777_0-1716006768584.png

I attach a pbix file as an example.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
DataNinja777
Super User
Super User

Hi @afaro ,

There are multiple ways to produce your required output, and one of them is using ConcatenateX to show in one week line, the concatenated month information as follows so that if the week is straddled by two months (i.e., if the current month ends and another month begins in the same week), it will be shown as two mmm-yyyy for easy identification of this fact.  

DataNinja777_0-1716006768584.png

I attach a pbix file as an example.  

Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @afaro 
You can use a hierarchical X-axis to see the "limits" of every month:

Ritaf1983_0-1716005521353.png

To have this form, with the month on the bottom you have to switch off the "concatenate labels" option:

Ritaf1983_1-1716005626145.png

pbix with example is attached

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabcon_Europe_Social_Bogo

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.