Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PowerBINoob24
Resolver I
Resolver I

Calculation for a Card Visual

I have a table that has a field for email addresses and a field for applied (Which is a 1 or 0).  I have two card visuals both of which are using filtered data.  The first card filters for all applied and counts the total emails.  The second card visual filters for all applied and countst the distinct emails.  I need a way to either A) subtract Card two from Card one or B) Create a measure that can make the calulation.  Not sure what is the best way to go about it.

Hope that makes sense and hopefully someone can help.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@amitchandak  Had to make some changes to what you provided, but got it working.  Thanks for helping get me started in the right direction!

Unique = calculate(COUNT('Table'[Email Address]), filter('Table','Table'[Applied]=1)) -calculate(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table'[Email Address]), filter('Table','Table'[Applied]=1))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@PowerBINoob24 , You need to have measure like

calculate(count(Table[email]), filter(table, table[applied]= 1)) -calculate(count(Table[email]), filter(table, table[applied]= 2))

If this does not help
Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

@amitchandak  Had to make some changes to what you provided, but got it working.  Thanks for helping get me started in the right direction!

Unique = calculate(COUNT('Table'[Email Address]), filter('Table','Table'[Applied]=1)) -calculate(DISTINCTCOUNT('Table'[Email Address]), filter('Table','Table'[Applied]=1))

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.