Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculating number of nights stayed at Hotel

Hi!

I'm working on a hotel report but have issues when I'm calculating the number of nights stayed by any customer. In my dataset each booking get a reference number with information about the date of arrival and the number of night that customer is going to stay. So if a customer comes in 2018-01-31 and stays for 5 nights I can not come up with a good way to calculate this. When I try to do the calculation that booking would shown as 5 nights spent in january, even though only one night was spent in January and the rest was spent in February.

I've attached a example dataset here, with a small explanation of how I would like the dataset to look, but I'm open to all suggestions if there is a better way to solve this problem.

Dataset Hotel - Number of Nights Stayed

Very thankful help in this issue!

/Patrick

5 REPLIES 5
Zubair_Muhammad
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Anonymous

You can use this Calculated Table

From Modelling Tab>>New Table

Calculated Table =
VAR temp =
    ADDCOLUMNS (
        GENERATE ( Table1, GENERATESERIES ( 0, [Number of nights] - 1 ) ),
        "My_Dates", [Date] + [Value]
    )
RETURN
    ADDCOLUMNS (
        SELECTCOLUMNS ( temp, "Booking Number", [Booking number], "Date", [My_Dates] ),
        "Number of Nights", 1
    )

Regards
Zubair

Please try my custom visuals
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi again Zubair!

The dataset I provided was a simplified model that I hoped that I could use on my more complicated dataset, but I could not get it to work. Here I've provided another dataset that more closely resembles the actual dataset that I want to use your solution for.

The column that states the number of nights is the one called "AntNaetter", booking number is "ReservationsNr" and the Date of arrival column is "Ankomst".

Dataset Excel File

If you would be able to provide me with a solution for this dataset as well you would have my eternal gratitude!! Smiley Happy

@Anonymous

What is your desired output?

You can give me few rows of data with expected output

Regards
Zubair

@Anonymous

Please see attached file as well

ct.png

Regards
Zubair

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you I'll check this out ASAP!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.