Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mcockram85
Regular Visitor

Calculating applications this year compared to last year and add as columns to a table

Hey guys

I am sure I am missing something really obvious here but having searched the forum for similar issues I wasn't able to get any of them to work.

Attached is the PBIX file and source Excel File which looks like this:
Screenshot 2021-07-02 120440.png
I have a data table with which has some dummy application data for a small number of courses broken down by country for the past four years - what I am trying to do in PowerBi is to show the current year's application numbers (Year of entry is 202122) in one column and then show the % change from the previous year (year of entry 202021).

I want to them be able to filter that table by the Domicile values used as a slicer.

I can't for the life of me work out how to show each Programme name with the application data for 202122 in a column alongside the % year change column so it looks like this:Screenshot 2021-07-02 114902.png
Any help would be greatly appreciated

All the best

Mack 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ryan_mayu
Super User
Super User

@mcockram85 

pls see the attachment below

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ryan_mayu
Super User
Super User

@mcockram85 

pls see the attachment below

Thanks @ryan_mayu 

I'd actually not long before that worked out another route to using a similar approach of:

2021-22 Applications = CALCULATE(SUM(app_data[Applications]),ALLSELECTED(app_data[Qliview Programme Name]),ALLSELECTED(app_data[Date of Entry]),app_data[Date of Entry]="01/09/2022")

@mcockram85 

i think my solution is dynamically. Yours fixed the date. anyway, yours is also good.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.