Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bhmiller89
Helper V
Helper V

Calculating Time Entered by Month

I have a column called "SOW Hours" and a column called "DurationActual" which is time entered against the job number. 

I need to calculate the %Completion based on hours (DurationActual/SOW Hours) But on a monthly basis.

Example: Job was executed in January with SOW Hours= 100.  In January DurationActual= 25, in February DurationActual=25.  So far the job is 50% complete, but I need to calculate completion each month. 25% complete in Jan, 25% complete in February, etc. 

Would I use the TotalMTD function? Or would that not serve my purpose? 

3 REPLIES 3
paulag
Advocate I
Advocate I

Can you share a screen shot of your data.  Do you have a seperate column for each DurationActual Month or are the months down the rows?

The months are down the rows. Each DurationActual is based on a Job Report/Time Entry. Jobs will have multiple, sometimes thousands, of DuratonActuals associated with them

Hi @bhmiller89,

Please try create two calculated columns to get SOW Hours and DurationActual.

SOW Hours=CALCULATE(SUM(Table[Hours]),ALLEXCEPT(Table,Table[Hours]))

DurationActual=CALCULATE(SUM(Table[Actual]),ALLEXCEPT(Table,Table[Actual]))

Then create finally calculated to get expected result.

Result=Table[DurationActual]/Table[SOW Hours]

If this doesn'y solve your issue, please post sample data and list desired result for further analysis.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.