Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ReadTheIron
Helper III
Helper III

CalculateTable filtered by another table

I have two tables, FailureTable and DisqualifiedTable. FailureTable has millions of entries, but I only want to work with a small subset of that table. I've created a calculated table based on FailureType, and I want to filter that table further by eliminating individual entries that are listed in DisqualifiedTable

FailureTable:

FailureIDType
1AGreen
1BBlue
1CGreen
1DGreen

DisqualifiedTable:

FailureID
1C
1B

I tried

WorkingTable = CALCULATETABLE('FailureTable', FILTER('FailureTable','FailureTable'[Type]="Green"), EXCEPT(VALUES('FailureTable'[FailureID]),VALUES('DisqualifiedTable'[FailureID])))

However, this gives me the error "The resultset of a query to external data source has exceeded the maximum allowed size of '1000000' rows."

The query works just fine before I add the "EXCEPT", and the table I want  - with the disqualified failures removed - will be smaller than the table just filtered by type. I think I'm doing this in the wrong order, but I'm not sure how to fix it.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ReadTheIron ,

You can update the formula of calculated table 'WorkingTable' as below and check if it will return the expected result.... Please find the details in the attachment.

WorkingTable =
CALCULATETABLE (
    'FailureTable',
    FILTER (
        'FailureTable',
        'FailureTable'[Type] = "Green"
            && NOT ( 'FailureTable'[FailureID] IN VALUES ( 'DisqualifiedTable'[FailureID] ) )
    )
)

yingyinr_0-1677468323641.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ReadTheIron ,

You can update the formula of calculated table 'WorkingTable' as below and check if it will return the expected result.... Please find the details in the attachment.

WorkingTable =
CALCULATETABLE (
    'FailureTable',
    FILTER (
        'FailureTable',
        'FailureTable'[Type] = "Green"
            && NOT ( 'FailureTable'[FailureID] IN VALUES ( 'DisqualifiedTable'[FailureID] ) )
    )
)

yingyinr_0-1677468323641.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.