Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Analitika
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Calculate sum of quantity filtered by last date in table in Power BI

Hi,

I would like to ask how to calculate sum of quantity filtered by last date. I used many expressions which didn't help me. Formulae is this:

Analitika_0-1674473920516.png

kiekis_p = CALCULATE(SUMX(op_detales,op_detales[qty_in]), FILTER(op_detales,op_detales[modul]="Pirkimai" && op_detales[Dokumento data]=[_m_date_A]))

Measure for this.

But problem is that I am getting wrong result, it gives me 32 instead of 1. So seems it sums all values and date filter not working.

5 REPLIES 5
LQuedas
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hey @Analitika 

if I understood well you want to get the sum of a quantity value filtered by the latest date for a specific model (Pirkimai)... if I'm correct please try the following example... I'm assuming you have a dim and a fact table, if not you can use the same approach with a single table as well... so I've created a DimDate with a date column and a Sales Fact table with 4 columns, theDate that is a foreign key to the DimDate table, a Prod Name colum that will be used to filter the calculation and the Quantity Value...

LQuedas_0-1674477702176.png

With this model you can use the following simple Measure to get the the Sum of the quantity filtered by the latest date of a specific product,

CurrentSum =
var _maxDate=CALCULATE(max(FactSales[The Date]), Sales[ProductName]="Prod A")
return CALCULATE(sum(FactSales[QuantityValue]),DimDate[TheDate]=_maxDate)

Hope this example gives you an idea to solve your problem.

Cheers, LQ

Thennarasu_R
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Analitika 
Try this Measure,
Measure=Var __Maxdate=Max(DimDate(date))
Return

kiekis_p = CALCULATE(SUM(op_detales[qty_in]), op_detales,op_detales[modul]="Pirkimai" , op_detales[Dokumento data]=__Maxdate))

Thanks,
Thennarasu

Hi,

I tried but not working, with max_date I am getting result null. So something is wrong. I expected to get 1 output. 

Analitika_0-1674475153125.png

Hi @Analitika 

Try this,

kiekis_p = CALCULATE(SUM(op_detales[qty_in]),Filter( Values(op_detales[Dokumento data]),op_detales[Dokumento data]=__Maxdate),op_detales[modul]="Pirkimai"))

Thanks,
Thennarasu

Just needed add && but idea is ok.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.