Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

AndrewInganni

Calculate number of months between 2 dates based on a financial year start and end date

Hi, first time post here so be kind!

I am trying to create a Power BI report which will show a cost attribution per year of a contract. I know the start and end date of a contract so know how many months overall but the contract may start and end mid year so it is not as simple as dividing the number of months by 12.  example:

contract starts on 1st April 2023 and ends 31st Match 2026 and the value of the contract is $18000.  The financial year for the business is starts in December and runs to November the following year. 

What I want to be able to calculate is how much of the contract values falls into each FY. so FY2023 will be April - November so it is nine 36ths as there are nine months of the FY left for a 36 month contract. 

what I'm struggling with is how to establish a formula(s) which will calculate this so I can present how much contract value will be realised in each FY. 

Has anyone tied to do anything like this and have a suitable solution?

Thanks in Advance

Andrew

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.