Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

greekjgg
Frequent Visitor

Calculate age of ticket by month AND filter only the ones that are older than 6 months

greekjgg_0-1668085247792.png

I'm using this standard Dax to calculate total number of open tickets each month. The issue is that I only want to track tickets that are open longer than 180 Days or 6 months. 

greekjgg_1-1668085431617.png

From the table you can see the this ticket was open for 15 months, the days open is for the total days open, I want to know how old it is EACH month roughly adding 30 days to the next month so that its not flagged until it hits 180 days of age.  

I'm trying to show this in a line chart, but without the proper age filter it just shows all open tickets by each month. 

greekjgg_2-1668085673088.png

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@greekjgg , Add additional in your filter

datediff(Table[Open date], CurrentDate, day) > 180

Also, I doubt you can active join with the date(With current statement) .

refer active employees here

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-tr...

or file

@amitchandak 

Like This? 

greekjgg_0-1668088024605.png

I refered to your blog to build the initial dax, but wasn't much help for the age part. 

When I add that filter the results are way off

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.