Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Calculate Average based on time filter selected

Hi
I have 6 months' worth of data ranging from Jan to Jun 2019 (below is a sample of the dataset). I am trying to create average measure (daily/weekly/monthly excluding weekends) for the count of IDs. Ideally these averages should change if I select different time periods. But my average measures don't seem to work well. As I select a different time, say Jan and Feb, the daily average I got is not exactly daily average between Jan and Feb. What I got is the total daily averages of Jan and Feb

Eg: Daily average of IDs count 
Jan 1000
Feb 2000 
--> daily average I want should be (1000+2000)/2 = 1500. But what I got is 3000

Capture.PNG

Any guidance would be appreciated!

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

You can create a measure using dax below:

Avg = CALCULATE(AVERAGE('Table'[IDs]), ALLSELECTED('Table'[Date]))

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for getting back @v-yuta-msft !

I want to exclude weekends from my average calculation. Will that function work in that case ? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I should probably rephrase my problem to make it clearer @v-yuta-msft 

My original dataset includes transactions settled during business days only (we call it settle dates)

Following instructions from other post, I create a calendar table and build daily/weekly/monthly average measures based on the count of work days in that calendar. These measure work well if they stand alone but will break if I put in a time slicer. Will very much appreciate any help

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.