Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

EHISAdmin
Regular Visitor

Cache Will Not Clear - Desktop

I am unable to clear the cache in my Desktop without manually deleting the cache file (if I can find it) or completely deleting all Power BI installation and app files and reinstalling the Desktop app. 

I use several reports that are very large (>50 million rows over >40 tables) connected to a SQL server. (model sample below) I use aggragation where I can but the users require granular data at the row level. When a report refresh encounters a load error, I usually find that the issue is an overloaded cache and clearing it fixes the issue. However, I am now frequently getting the "Something went wrong" error when attempting to clear the cache. (see attached) The only solution to fix this I have found is to wipe the Desktop app and all related app files, then reinstall the app. 

Help?!?!? 😧

Error viewError view

Model SnapshotModel Snapshot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@EHISAdmin , You should be able find cache here

C:\Users\<User name>\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop Store App\TempSaves

Also, close all power bi instances and try again. Increase memory management cache to 8 to 10 GB

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@EHISAdmin , You should be able find cache here

C:\Users\<User name>\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop Store App\TempSaves

Also, close all power bi instances and try again. Increase memory management cache to 8 to 10 GB

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.