Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

christianfcbmx
Post Patron
Post Patron

CLARIFY POWER BI UPDATE PROCEDURE PLEASE!

I have window 10, my power bi desktop app popped up a message saying that I need to update my version...ok I clicked on that bubble and follow all the indications where at the end said that this program is already install in my computer....so I cant get the new updates and this keep saying that I have to get the last version...I always got lost whith this procedure...do I need to uninstall it and install PBI back  ????? ...Getiing the PBIupdate is quite annoying...somebody could give me a hand?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @christianfcbmx,

First the latest version of Power BI Desktop is Version: 2.56.5023.1021 64-bit (March 2018). For you current Power BI Desktop version, you can check it by going to File -> Help -> About. So please make a verification first.

Then about the Windows pop up update window. I have also encountered once before even I was using the latest version. Thereby if you are using the latest version and everything works fine. I think you can just ignore the message.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @christianfcbmx,

First the latest version of Power BI Desktop is Version: 2.56.5023.1021 64-bit (March 2018). For you current Power BI Desktop version, you can check it by going to File -> Help -> About. So please make a verification first.

Then about the Windows pop up update window. I have also encountered once before even I was using the latest version. Thereby if you are using the latest version and everything works fine. I think you can just ignore the message.

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Thank you for your help @v-xjiin-msft...pitty that this update dynamic is like this.

I found quite annoying to update power BI Desktop... why it wasnt thought to update automatically like the most programs I know?

BIG MAJOR PAINS:

1-. Overwrite the old version and install again (Ive saw ppl wasting hours trying to find a desire UPDATE botton)

2-. My colleagues are not worry about updating and sometime when we share pbix files we found errors

3.- In window 10, even if my file is updated a have an annoying pop up saying that I have to get the new version

Thanks for understanding

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.