Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

juju
Helper III
Helper III

CALCULATED INDEX

I need to create a calcuated index in a calculated table.  The two main fields in there are [date] and [channel]. I initially craeted a concatenated collumn of [Date] & [channel] - but when I tried to sort the date field with this new concatenated field, it wouldnt allow me. I need to create a uniquie index for all the records in the table. Thxx

Workbook1.png

6 REPLIES 6

Is every record considered unique? Or do you need the index to reset for each channel or anything like that?

Each channel has one value per day - there are three channels. So each day, there are three unique values - one per channel. Will be great to have a unique index for the whole table without resting it for each channel. 

Not sure that will work in my case - that is creating an index based on a ranking of the average value.. 

v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @juju,

According to your description, you should be able to go to "Edit Queries" -> "Add Column" tab -> click "Index Column" to add an index column in your table.Smiley Happy

eq1.PNGic1.PNG

Regards

That option doesn't seem to be available for my calculated table. I don't see it listed in query edit window

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.