Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

joaohenrique300
Regular Visitor

Button that shows the image of the page for which it is intended

Hi, I was researching some dashboards and I came across one that has really cool functionality and I'm not sure how it works:

The button object shows an image, and this image is the image of the page of the report that it takes you, through "bookmarks", when you hover the mouse, it has the default effect of showing the name of the page and, when clicked, it takes the page via bookmarks.

Do you guys know how to do this?
I don't think it's a trick to take a screenshot of the page and fill the button with.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Sahir_Maharaj
Super User
Super User

Hello @joaohenrique300,

In the "Image URL" field, paste the URL for the report page you want to use as the button image. You can get the URL by going to the report page in question, clicking the "Share" button, selecting "Embed", and copying the URL from the "src" attribute of the "iframe" code.

Once you've completed these steps, the button should show an image of the report page and take you to that page when clicked.

You can customize the appearance of the button using the formatting options in the "Visualizations" and "Format" panes.

Let me know if you might need further assistance.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

If my response(s) assisted you in any way, don't forget to drop me a "Kudos" 🙂

Kind Regards,
Sahir Maharaj
Data Scientist | Data Engineer | Data Analyst | AI Engineer
P.S. Want me to build your Power BI solution?
➤ Lets connect on LinkedIn: Join my network of 15K+ professionals
➤ Join my free newsletter: Data Driven: From 0 to 100
➤ Website: https://sahirmaharaj.com
➤ Email: sahir@sahirmaharaj.com
➤ Want me to build your Power BI solution? Lets chat about how I can assist!
➤ Join my Medium community of 30K readers! Sharing my knowledge about data science and artificial intelligence
➤ Explore my latest project (350K+ views): Wordlit.net
➤ 100+ FREE Power BI Themes: Download Now
LinkedIn Top Voice in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science and Machine Learning

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Salir1

Thank you for the prompt response. Will contact our site admin and keep you posted.

Sahir_Maharaj
Super User
Super User

Hello @joaohenrique300,

In the "Image URL" field, paste the URL for the report page you want to use as the button image. You can get the URL by going to the report page in question, clicking the "Share" button, selecting "Embed", and copying the URL from the "src" attribute of the "iframe" code.

Once you've completed these steps, the button should show an image of the report page and take you to that page when clicked.

You can customize the appearance of the button using the formatting options in the "Visualizations" and "Format" panes.

Let me know if you might need further assistance.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

If my response(s) assisted you in any way, don't forget to drop me a "Kudos" 🙂

Kind Regards,
Sahir Maharaj
Data Scientist | Data Engineer | Data Analyst | AI Engineer
P.S. Want me to build your Power BI solution?
➤ Lets connect on LinkedIn: Join my network of 15K+ professionals
➤ Join my free newsletter: Data Driven: From 0 to 100
➤ Website: https://sahirmaharaj.com
➤ Email: sahir@sahirmaharaj.com
➤ Want me to build your Power BI solution? Lets chat about how I can assist!
➤ Join my Medium community of 30K readers! Sharing my knowledge about data science and artificial intelligence
➤ Explore my latest project (350K+ views): Wordlit.net
➤ 100+ FREE Power BI Themes: Download Now
LinkedIn Top Voice in Artificial Intelligence, Data Science and Machine Learning

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors