Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Newell123456
Regular Visitor

Bringing competitor brand names as rows against categories in column

Greetings!

I have raw data something similar to this.

Newell123456_1-1616816912996.png

L4,L12,L52,QTD,YTD are time periods to understand the sales momentum. I have created the output something similar to below.

Newell123456_2-1616817231203.png

Now I want to have competitor brand names (highlighted in blue in below screenshot) under each of these categories based on max sales under each of these categories. The desired output I want, should be something similar to below.

Newell123456_3-1616817448869.png

I could not bring the competitor names to the matrix. I have created a separate table with categories, brands and computed the sales value and ranks based on L4. I used =SWITCH(TRUE(),Selected time period = "L4", Lookup(brand table,rank table,1) to fetch the brands in the category but couldn't get the result. The relationship table below is for reference.

Newell123456_4-1616817795206.png

Kindly help me with this. Also kindly suggest if there is a better way to efficiently do this without creating additional tables.

1 REPLY 1
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Newell123456 ,

For your needs, can you provide a detailed test data model (delete sensitive information), because only know the specific field types and relationships in order to do further testing. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.